Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Update...July 18th!!!

Craig Goldman’s blog.

Wow! God has been doing awesome things over the past week and a half. Being in L.A is absolutely amazing! To see the diversity is eye-opening and pretty sad. Literally you can cross over one street and it will turn from highly populated by the homeless to top-notch L.A. The ways we have been serving have stretched me so much. God has been working in my heart and breaking me down. He’s been breaking my pride and helping me to see how much these people are like us. I definitely find myself stereotyping and judging a lot, but God has been teaching me how much they just want to be loved and are just like me in so many ways.

The VBS has been so awesome. The kids we are able to teach and hang out with are totally sweet! Some of them are trouble makers, but so many of them just want attention and love. A lot of them are the sweetest, kindest, cutest kids!! Many of the times we won’t even have to initiate anything they will just run up to us and hug us or hold our hands or sit in our laps. It’s so much fun. I’m part of the worship team and over the past few days the kids have been learning the songs, and they totally love the worship time. Sometimes they will just randomly start singing the songs!

Thank you so much for all your prayers! God is definitely working! Please pray for patience and love, and that God would continue to break down barriers in our hearts!

Lots o’ love!

Craig

Stephanie Jevert’s blog:

First off, I am so excited to be able to finally blog about what has happened so far. I have been wanting to blog, but so far I haven’t been able to so off we go!! Well, I’m sure that people have talked about the Student Leadership conference that some of us went to a week ago, but let me tell you, it was amazing!! I guess all the details are going to have to be shared in person (sorry mom J). So, this past week has been a huge eye opener. Los Angeles has got to be one of the sweetest places that I have been to… well, at least close lol. The past couple of days we have spent the morning going and doing service projects and then in the afternoon we go and do the VBS.

The service projects have stretched me and I am so geeked about that! We have gone to Project Angel Food, LA missions, and then today my group went to Midnight Mission. We have done a lot of work with homeless people, which as Jessica said, “It’s just a situation that they are in, it’s not who they are”.

Well, I guess I should give you a rundown of what we have done with recreation. We have had so much fun playing with the parachute, which has got to be the best invention ever created! Thank you to whoever created the separachuteJ. The kids have so much fun just being around us and playing with us. We love them so much and I am going to miss them so much when we leave.

Just a random fact that I would like to share… we had a big get together with all the groups that are doing mission work with CSM and I got to be in a skit which was so SWEET! Alright I really want to go play volleyball so, I love you all and I will see you when I get home!!! LOVE MUCH!!

Love always,

Stephanie

1 comment:

Amelia said...

hey whoever looks at this please tell Hana W. that she got an envelope in the mail from the secretary of state, and we're polite and haven't opened it. But I want to see the picture.