Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Tales from Group One

This blog was written on Tuesday night, however, we lost our internet connection before we could post. So, here is Tuesday night’s blog entry.

Hey this is LeAnn, Katelyn, and Emma! (Hana says hi) We are having a TON of fun...we are all safe and sound and healthy. Thanks for all the prayers! The kids at VBS are amazing and unbelievable. We are all so excited to share that it’s kind of hard to explain it all at once. So please bear with us as we try to explain it. All of us are from team 1 with Michael and so others will have to write later from team 2. So far we have worked with a bunch of homeless people and are really having our eyes open to the fact that they are actual people just like us whose mistakes are just more evident. We went to St. Francis church yesterday. There we sorted clothes, packed bags for families, sorted food and Emma, Ashton, and Larry served food to homeless people. Later that day we started VBS... The kids are so well behaved and we have all fallen in love with them! Today we all split up into 3 groups and took a homeless person out for breakfast. Through this we truly got to see the side of being homeless. Then we went to the midnight mission where we served people of the street lunch. These people are amazing and we all learned from them. Then we went shopping in little China... we all got GREAT deals... Mom you would be proud! Then we headed for VBS. Again we had a great time with them. Can't wait till tomorrow to love on the kids again. We hope you all keep us in your prayers and we love you all. Good night... :D

Hey mommy, dad, Jena, and rest of family and friends, its Katelyn by the way! I just wanted to let you all know that I love you and I am having so much fun. God is truly working wonders in all our lives and I am so excited to tell you all. Check out the pictures too I took some of them. Well I love you all good night! :)

Hey Mom and Dad and the rest of ya, its LeAnn! I miss y'all so much! This trip is so amazing and has stretched me in so many ways! God is amazing! Can’t wait to tell you all about it! Love ya lots!
LeAnn

P.S. Larry is doing good too but he's upstairs in bed and I'm headed that way too... so I'll write back later... love y'all!

Hey Ma, Daddy, Tim and Ruthie! This is Emma! I miss you guys SO much. This experience has been absolutely amazing! God has been doing so much in my life. I can't wait to bring this difference home with me and let you guys see it too. I have been so moved by the "need" of Los Angeles. It’s made me think of what I can do back home. Just to see the gratitude on the faces of the people we serve is so awesome. I can't even explain how amazing God has been. He is totally working in sooooooooooo many ways that is way too incredible to describe. Well I have to hit the sack (bed) so I will hopefully post again later. I love you guys more than I can say!
God loves you most!
Emma
Psalm 18:1-3

2 comments:

kathy said...

hey Katelyn! We miss you!! We are glad your having fun! How did your talking in front of the kids go?!?!?! Me and mom will keep you in our prayers!We pray for u everyday together! love you!

Unknown said...

Emma,

I am so proud of what God is doing in and through you

Your mother,Ruth and I went to KFC the other night and Ruth put a stuffed bear in the seat next to us...she said she wanted to make sure to leave a space for you and the bear was a reminder that you where with us.

How was your VBS lesson on Genesis recieved?

I wanted to share a recent devotion with you that I think is very applicable to what God is doing with all of you in LA:

Jesus knew the experience of homelessness. He said, “Foxes have holes and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has nowhere to lay His head” (Matthew 8:20). Yet no one had more compassion for the poor.

James emphasized the need for believers to help each other materially. He wrote, “If a brother or sister is naked and destitute of daily food, and one of you says to them, ‘Depart in peace, be warmed and filled,’ but you do not give them the things which are needed for the body, what does it profit?” (2:15-16).

We must help the spiritually destitute find a heavenly home by sharing the gospel with them, but we must never neglect those who are poor in this world’s goods. A heart for God will also be a heart for the homeless. —Vernon C Grounds

More like the Master I would live and grow,
More of His love to others I would show;
More self-denial, like His in Galilee,
More like the Master I long to ever be. —Gabriel

Compassion is love in action


...waiting inpatiently for His return and for yours.

Love you and miss you very much honey...Fabio (Dad)